Supports attorneys in their practice by assisting with gathering, analyzing, and organizing information; drafting legal pleadings, discovery summaries and responses, motions, and other documents.
- Drafts legal documents including but not limited to discovery motions, summary judgement motions, appellate briefs, affidavits, memoranda, and letters.
- Investigates factual information to respond to litigation discovery requests or other information inquiries.
- Performs legal research and analysis, both manually and on computers; compiles, analyzes, and summarizes data.
- Manages cases and files; organizes and maintains files.
- Performs factual and technical investigation and analysis of case issues.
- Assists in all phases of case preparation including discovery and trial. Prepares for and attends trials.
- Reviews and finalizes litigation budgets with outside counsel.
- Prepares jury instructions and trial binders; coordinates trial exhibits. Monitors legal fees, budgets, and project status.
- Provides general logistical help and supports the maintenance of legal files.
- Legal Secretary/Paralegal experience required.
- Can type at least 50 WPM.
- Individual must be organized and must have the ability to multitask.
- Experience in Personal Injury preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- The office has a great working environment and is an excellent opportunity as you will be working with serious cases with an excellent group of experienced Super Lawyers in a family-like work environment. This is a high energy, positive, productive, busy work atmosphere.
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Group plans offered for Employees Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life Insurance
- 401k (Options from Personal Funding or Investing)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parking
- Bonus Programs
- Office Perks: Kitchen, utilities, unlimited snacks and coffee, office parties, office activities, and annual Holiday Celebrations.
Dress Code: Business Casual. Casual Fridays.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday through Friday (830am-530pm)
Compensation: $20.00 – $35.00 per hour